- 400 grams of fresh “Huon” salmon fillets, diced into large bite sized cubes
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of peanut oil
- 1x 400ml can of coconut cream
- 1x 400ml can of coconut milk
- 2x level tablespoons of red or green curry paste (Mae Ploy Brand is best)
- 5 fresh kaffir lime leaves (these freeze really well)
- 50ml of fish sauce (Squid brand is best)
- Half a cup of light palm sugar, shaved (not dark palm sugar)
If no kaffir lime leaves, substitute rind from 2 limes and juice. Serve over rice or Asian greens below.
- 1x small can of Bamboo shoots (or fresh if you can get them)
- 1-2 cups Thai apple or pea eggplants
- 1-2 cups of fresh Snake beans, cut on a diagonal (normal round beans are fine)
- Handful of Thai Basil leaves
To make the curry sauce, combine oils and coconut cream, bring to the boil until the coconut cream splits, add coconut milk, curry paste and return to the boil. Add remaining ingredients as well as the eggplants, bring back to a soft boil. Add the salmon and Asian greens to the sauce, return to the boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 3-5 minutes (depending on how you like your salmon cooked), and serve with fresh steamed Jasmine Rice.